Friday 26 September 2008

loops of fate











All photographs by Monika Ritterhaus on www.staatsoper-berlin.de

Achim Freyer´s new Eugene Onegin opens tomorrow at the Berlin State Opera with Daniel Barenboim (cond), Roman Trekel, Rolando Villazón, Anna Samuil and René Pape.

Apparently Achim Freyer´s concept is, according to Rolando Villazón a "modern sculpture, with strictly choreographed minimalistic movements" with the singers moving in very strict loops of fate, which gives Rólando Villazón "freedom to express himself vocally" and "in no way interfers with the music" according to Daniel Barenboim.

Review of the Eugen Onegin premiere here.

11 comments:

Parsifal said...

I was checking the prospect of going to Berlin for this....Now I dont.

Kenderina said...

I had the tickets ! But the flights got way too expensive from here where I live and I decided it was not worth but still I was sad not to go...now seeing that photos I'm relieved. Meine Gotte !

mostly opera... said...

But what you are really missing out on here, is the opportunity to have drinks with me in the bar...

Kenderina said...

Ohhh, that's a real pity !!!! Anyway, I still want to visit Berlin at some point..and, as I returned the tickets to the UDL they are sending me a voucher..so I think I should be going there ..maybe next season.

mostly opera... said...

Well, the Plácido Domingo Simon Boccanegra is scheduled for October 2009, as far as I know..

Kenderina said...

What makes you think that I would be wasting my precious voucher on such a thing ? :P

Definitely I would wait to see if Jonas Kaufmann sings there (he is singing Tosca in Deustche Oper this season) or Villazón again..but please, a "normal" production...not even traditional..just something one can enjoy !

mostly opera... said...

Well, if you are lucky Rolando Villazon may sing in that Simon Boccanegra, that´s why...
But it´s not something I KNOW anything about.

operanuts said...

Hi there,

Nice photos!

Kenderina said...

Oh...I'm not a great fan of Domingo, I reckon. Though I don't know, maybe I would like him as a baritone :) Anyway...let's see what happens...;)

yvette said...

hello! any news from the première of this new production? Thanks!

mostly opera... said...

upcoming..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...